Communications Manager Job Posting
Bethel Christian Fellowship, a nondenominational multiethnic church in Saint Paul, is looking for a communications manager to work on the administration team. The included job description outlines the details of the position which will begin on November 1, 2021. If you or someone you know is interested in applying for this position, please send a letter of inquiry and a resume to Cherie Monge at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The primary function of the Communications Manager is to be a warm welcoming representative of Bethel Christian Fellowship while providing administrative support for all the internal and external communication related to BCF.
- Correspondence: Process incoming mail and email, including all church emails, flow of blessing and prayer chain. Prepare pastoral correspondence as requested.
- Filing: Maintain physical and virtual files, including email lists, membership, baptisms, dedications, visitor logs, attendance records, birthdays, anniversaries, directories on Faithlife and Servant Keeper.
- Inter-church Communication: Assist ANFC pastors as requested (usually letters or copying)
- People: Welcome people to the office, receive deliveries, direct service people in the building, liaison with AA, assist with coordination of Welcome Lunches (beginning with invitations), training staff on software and machine use, etc.
- Phone: Answer phones and distribute calls
- Printing and Copying: Maintain function of the copy machine. Prepare Doorway to Ministry materials, discipleship books, promotional materials, and signage as needed. Prepare baptism, dedication, and membership certificates. Special projects for partner ministries.
- Purchasing: Order office supplies, CE materials, checks, copier supplies, cleaning supplies, kitchen supplies, etc.
- Scheduling: Maintain church google calendar and coordinate building usage.
- Special Projects: CCLI reporting, Energy Benchmark, other projects as needed.
- Support TEAM: Process monthly giving, provide accurate and up to date financial reports, process end of year giving statements, maintain donor contact information, format and distribute newsletters through MailChimp, process wire transfers, grant writing, etc.
- Oversee Facebook page and group, Youtube, Faithlife and website content.
- Facilitate the bi-annual review of website layout, content, and function and social media policy guide.
- Manage website annual audit and updates as required
- Create Faithlife bulletins and posts.
- Troubleshoot Faithlife
- Research and develop protocol for posting that fulfills copyright requirements and law.
- Work with volunteer Media team to recruit and schedule Film and Sound teams for Sunday.
- Oversee the weekly post of the sermon on Faithlife and post of podcast on Anchor
- Lead Media Committee and participate in Communications Committee.
- Count and record the weekly offering.
- Check the designated email address for PayPal donations and donation boxes Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday.
- Prepare and complete bank deposits weekly.
- Record Vanco online giving monthly.
- Provide accurate and up to date financial reports for offerings, expenses, taxes, etc.
- Process monthly missions giving for Evangel Press and TEAM – recording giving, making deposit, and completing wire transfers as needed.
- Create and distribute annual giving statements to members
Sunday Service Preparation and Participation:
- Create PowerPoint with announcement slides, song lyrics, and sermon
- Create Faithlife bulletin, information sheet, and flow of service
- Create Service Flow email and send on Saturday PM.
- Available on Sunday to greet members, answer questions, and take attendance
Relationships: The Communications Manager is primarily responsible to the Lead Pastor while functioning directly under the supervision of the Administrative Director and the care of the Elder Board and Personnel Committee.
Compensation: See BCF Personnel Manual
- Bachelor’s Degree or four years equivalent work experience in Communications, Marketing, Organizational Leadership, or related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Experience with desktop publishing
- Knowledge of Facebook, Youtube and/or other social media platforms
- Data entry, accounting, and bookkeeping skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Exceptional multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- Must be technologically savvy
- Strong interpersonal skills marked by warmth and a spirit of hospitality
- Multi-ethnic interpersonal experience and communications
- Experience with non-profit organizations
- Experience in social media management a plus
Hours: This position is a full-time position, starting at 32 hours per week.
Status: This is a full-time, salaried position. As a full-time position, it is benefit eligible, including a stipend for health insurance, contribution to retirement, and paid vacation.